Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 101: Friendly Neighbors



I really wanted to spend some time focusing my shots on wildlife. Why? Mostly because (1) it's difficult to do because the object your shooting is terrified of you and is constantly in motion and (2) it's really fun to explore and look for animals like birds, squirrels, and rabbits.

Unfortunately, I'm using a standard kit lens which doesn't allow me to zoom into the animals as much as I'd like. So, as the saying goes, I zoom with my feet. But as you can imagine, a giant human with a large black object that makes a strange sound at the click of a button does not make these little guys very comfortable. But these two gave me the pleasure of getting this close to them (for a second, before running away).

Birds are proving impossible to shoot which is a bummer because there are so many beautiful birds in Chicago. Who would've thought? But it's true -- the Common Starling, American Robin, Red Winged Black Bird, Northern Cardinal, and so many others that I'm definitely missing.

I'll find a way to take close shots of these birds -- and it's probably going to have to involve food :)

Onwards and Upwards,
Nadine


No comments:

Post a Comment