Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Trip: Perspective


My recent trip to the Dominican Republic really gave me some perspective. I had a 6-8 month lull with photography but was able to snap out of it after my visit to the country. For one, it's almost impossible to not take any photos in a country like the DR. But also, there is something to be said about stepping out of your routine for a while and seeing everything in a new way.

It's similar to how a painter works on his art work. With an empty canvas, he'll make a few strokes with his brush. But, instead of continuing, he steps away and analyzes his strokes in relation to the rest of the canvas and then continues. He doesn't stay zoomed into his canvas the entire time because if he does he loses perspective and clarity of his overall painting.

In any event, I'll be posting more photos this week of what I saw during the trip!

Onwards and Upwards,
Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment